Watch Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu’s speech to Congress here: http://nyti.ms/1EeWKFn
On the subject of Bibi’s speech, I wish a journalist would ask Bibi these questions:
- Will you sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty?
- Will you allow inspections of your nuclear program?
- Will you disclose what actions you have taken in the fight against ISIS, alongside Iran, Jordan and others?
- Will you release the taxes you have withheld from the Palestinian Authority?
- Will you allow a humanitarian ship to bring supplies directly to the port in Gaza?
- Will you open the Erez Crossing so that Palestinians can freely transit between Gaza and the West Bank to visit their families, study and work unimpeded by Israel’s burdensome checkpoints?
- Will you allow Palestinian students in Gaza who have received scholarships and opportunities to pursue their education abroad to leave Gaza through the Erez Crossing?
- Will you end settlement building in the occupied Palestinian territories?
- Will you agree to abide by U.N. Security Council resolutions and recognize a divided Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and Palestine?
- Will you lift the 8+ year siege and blockade of Gaza Strip?
- Will you end the illegal military occupation of Palestine?
The answer to each of these questions will inform U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East more than Bibi’s grandstanding in front of Congress.